Thursday, January 22, 2009

I've Never Heard That One Before


Here's an excerpt from my latest opus, a two page autobiographical comic entitled Look Back in Squalor. I have returned to this, what some girl once referred to as my "more confessional" work, merely as an exercise. I need to re-familiarize myself with the actual nuts and bolts of making comics, and the most readily available material can be found within the remnants of what I once called a life. I will probably collect these stories into another volume of A History of Increasing Humiliation, because people who read mini-comics will buy anything if you tell them it's autobiographical.

Rest assured, I do not intend to tarry in the auto-bio ghetto for much longer. I will soon return to genre fiction, thereby ruining what little credibility I have left in the small press community. In the meantime, my beloved readers will have to be content with stories about my relationships with women who suffer from strange maladies (of whom there are many).

1 comment:

  1. Looks like someone joined the blog train. And how did I find out? Fuckin' Daily Crosshatch. Well don't worry, I left some choice words for you over on the comments section.

    ReplyDelete