Monday, October 17, 2011

The Judgement Badger


Here we have the finished inks for an illustration I'm working on to accompany a novella written by my old chum, the talented Joshua Goldfond. The story, entitled The Hunting of the Bubblenuff, concerns Fabian Vermeer, a "crypto-naturalist" tasked with exploring an ancient forest that may or may not be filled with hundreds of mythological creatures, each of a more hilarious and unlikely nature than the last. It's a fantastic piece of satirical fantasy, reminiscent of Douglas Adams and shot through with the sort of wordplay found in Woody Allen's books from the 70's. It's a great read, and I'll be pushing it in this space as soon as it becomes commercially available. In the meantime, I should point out that the above image and the characters mentioned here are the property of Mr. Goldfond (but I'm sure you already realized that).

No comments:

Post a Comment